We’re going to do things a little different this week. No mystery. I’m going to recap some stuff with one of our favorite asstardians. Mostly because I’m kinda irritated again and I think I need to share my outrage. While this person has never actually been a Sunday feature, we’ve certainly discussed her enough times. She’s not really a player on the grand scheme of things apart from epitomizing the brutality, ignorance and cold-hearted selfishness of the stereotypical PSA. I’m talking about Angel Marshall. The PSA that blames the lack of slaughterhouses for her having to send her crippled horse, Montana, on a 30 hour death ride to Canada, complete with a likely falsified EID so she could wring the last few pennies out of him.
To recap, Ms. Marshall of the clown car vagina, wants us to feel sorry for her because she loved her horse so much but didn’t want him to go to waste and contaminate the ground water by humanely euthanizing him at home. She described his pain level prior to selling him to a kill buyer as `walking on razor blades’. Apparently the horse had an abscess. She alleges he also had acute ringbone but elected to let her farrier diagnose the horse rather than call in a vet and take a set of film to find out what was really going on. Originally, she told people she wanted to take the horse to Canada herself and be with him when they shot him in the face at the slaughter-house. Apparently, that was too much effort so she slapped him on the ass, handed the shank to the KB and took her blood money. We discussed it all here: (https://shedrowconfessions.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/let-this-be-the-last-time-we-speak-of-this/) Here is a picture of Montana’s injury that basically signed his death warrant……
Because NT decided to jump into the fray to `defend’ this unthinkable act of cruelty, we also know Ms. Marshall has three small children, may be pregnant with twins and neither her or her husband have a job. They collect assistance and basically work the system. None of that has much to do with being a PSA other than the fact that what we’re going to talk about today shows a profound lack of judgement and ignorance. I believe the original intent of that disclosure was to play on our sympathies, but for me, it ain’t working. It seems besides her precarious family and financial situation Ms. Marshall is happily working on hoarding more horses and `fostering’ for a local rescue whose executive director has had a mention on this blog for her support of slaughter and eating horse meat in the past. She says she was `tricked’ into it. Whatever. Asstards. Anyhow, let’s hear from Ms. Marshall about what she’s been up to since shipping her beloved Montana to slaughter and how she’s spending up her blood money (which she claimed she didn’t keep for herself).
“My qh was just put down, miss him badly. Stuck with just my percheron/qh/morgan to ride now. Hes a great horse really, just a bit of an ass. Kids have a POA or something along those lines-gaited black and white paint pony. Have a class B mini too, and 2 mini donkeys, 1 we drive.”
– Put down???? I guess she doesn’t want her new group of Facebook buddies to know how Montana really met his end.
“Oh, and I have a heck of a qh in canada with her filly to go get sometime this fall, and my mom offered me a heck of a nice paint filly so eventually we will have those 3 here too.”
– She got the Canadian pair for another PSA who also had his picture in this blog and who NT featured in his defense. We’re supposed to feel bad for him because he has an arm that doesn’t work even though he’s an abusive asshole that also sells horses to people that clearly don’t treat them very well or have the means to support them properly. Money is money I guess….
“Question: Anyone have or ever had a halflinger? I am considering buying one when her training is done. Shes already a solid harness horse, but shes being broke to ride. I want a shorter nice heafty well put together horse and they look like they would be what I want. Curious to anything anyone can tell me.”
– WTF??? You can’t afford a vet or a bullet so your old horse didn’t have to suffer and now you’re merrily collecting an additional HERD to replace him? Does anybody else have an issue with this or should I go take some meds?
“Just make sure whoever does it is doing it right. I had a great farrier friend wise up there, but sadly its taking a lot of time and money for my current farrier to fix the mistakes made on my horses. A farrier should aim for perfection. Proper angles need to be kept, the right amount of heel, a good toe…. ask lots of questions! Prices will vary, but remeber that often you get what you pay for”
– Yes, her farrier is so great she let’s him diagnose things only a vet should. In fact, he was so awesome she sent an abscessed horse on a 30 hr trailer ride to his death in a slaughter-house based on the same farrier’s diagnosis. I had a farrier we used to fly in to do one horse and he never diagnosed things that Ms Marshall’s did. Silly me wasting all that cash!
“LOL! I know how you feel. Her prices are good too. Shes actually become a good friend too. My bridle is totally new… I mixed the styles of several types to make one very special for me. I tend to ride draft crosses and love the draft style bridles, but I added quite a bit to westernize it. It was new to both of us and it couldnt have turned out better! Have to get a pic of it on here for you.”
– Yup, you read that right. She went and had a custom-made bridle made with some of her blood money. The only thing that could be more disturbing or ghoulish would be if she used Montana’s hide. Wanna see it?
“I kept mane and tail from my horse that had to be put down. Someday I plan to do something special with it, for now it hangs with my dream catcher in the corner of my bedroom so I can always remember him. There are a couple of girls that make neat bracelets, earrings, keychains, necklaces and other things that I am considering sending it to. Very neat, but very expensive. My mom makes a swish with horse hair from those shes lost or sold.”
– There’s the `put down’ lie again, but do you know what? I want to make sure she never forgets what she did to that horse either. How sad, that so many people that never met the horse cared far more than the owner that claimed to love him….
“For adoption at XXXXX. Black bay mini trained for cart. Driven by kids, adults, and all sorts of people new to driving. Adoption fee is $110. Used to be ridden often, currently can be used for leadline. Currently in foster with us and being used often. Contact for more information.”
– Seriously, what legitimate rescue would let this person foster horses? No job, a gaggle of spawn, too many animals and on social assistance. Awesome!
Ok, that’s a sampling of what Ms Marshall has been up to since we last checked in with her. I’m sure her PSA buddies will be calling for my head on a platter and shrieking about what a meanie I am. Go right ahead and make sure you tell the FBI that I’m kinda busy during the day mostly . Who else is going to speak up for Montana and the unneccessary suffering she subjected him to so she could have herself a little spending spree? Remember she initially told everybody that she used the money to buy a mini horse to train as a guide horse for a veteran or some such bullshit? She was even going to name one Montana’s Legacy or something like that. Funny, in her oversharing at her new hideout, she makes no mention of that at all…..I guess I shouldn’t be surprised she’s ginormous liar on top of being a soulless asstard. I dream of a world where people like this are no longer in the horse industry and mandatory sterilization for asstards is acceptable.