As the clock runs out on pending litigation in New Mexico that will, at least temporarily, decide the fate of countless horses, both sides of the slaughter issue are making their best plays and pulling cards out of their sleeves. For the anti side of the issue, we have seen some high-profile and high-powered people such as the Attorney General of New Mexico, Gary King, former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, as well as celebrity and noted conservationist, Robert Redford join in the fight to remove slaughter as an option. Also stepping out of the shadows are long-time and powerful advocates Victoria McCullough and Sen. Joe Abruzzo (http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/07/18/political-savvy-a-powerful-weapon-in-horse-slaughter-fight-79868). We have also seen many native people, including tribal leaders join in on the side of anti slaughter as well. Positive developments for sure. As far as the pro side of the issue, well….they have Douchebag Duquette and his press releases and today’s was epic. Because I’m a giver, I’m going to walk y’all through it in all its glory.
Yes, you all read correctly. Douchebag Duquette has temporarily vacated Slaughterhouse Sue’s rectum long enough to issue a press release. As we have come to expect as of late, this release appears to have been ghost written or at least heavily edited for D-bag as it is fairly easy to read and devoid of most of the grammatical and spelling errors that he is prone to. You can read it for yourself here: (http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Round-One-Begins.html?soid=1112812195452&aid=_rjqzVMgurs). Not surprisingly, D-bag kicks off his little memorandum by whining about Victoria McCullough.
Here is reason one of why our battle has been so difficult, read on;
“The only child of the late Rexford Davis, founder of the country’ s largest, privately held petroleum company, McCullough says she has no idea of her net worth as Chesapeake Petroleum’s heir and reigning board chair, nor does she care.
Hers is a life of privilege, but McCullough doesn’t take it for granted. Money can make you, break you or give you some vision, she says, and for her, it’s the latter. For her, it has helped fuel a passion for saving the animals that have given her such joy, and purpose.”
So while at first reading this sounds really good, like we can get behind this. But all it takes is one more paragraph of this article and you will see another uninformed billionaire.
– For those of you new to this part of the slaughter wars, it is worth mentioning that according to any good PSA, if you have any money and are not sucking the government tit, you can’t possibly know anything about horses. The article he linked is the same one I did above and clearly states that Ms. McCullough is actually an accomplished horse woman and has rescued over 1800 horses to date, including buying out an entire slaughter sale at Sugarcreek, Ohio. She isn’t exactly new to this cause although she has done her work quietly up until now.
Let’s take for example Feral Tribal Horses, now this excludes the 9-10 million domestic horses, let’s just talk about the Tribal horses. If this billionaire really wanted to help out and put her money to good use she would be able to help much more than 1,800 horses while also helping the thousands of deer, elk, moose and antelope affected by these feral tribal horses, and lets not forget the human cost of all this. All she would have to do is give the Tribes about a half a billion a year to feed and manage the horses that they have no way to control.
– How awesome it must be to be as simple as D-bag Duquette. The fact is that other tribes aside from the Yakama Nation are exploring other options besides slaughter to manage their herds and want no part of his disgusting plans. If you notice, `give me/them money’ is a very common theme for the PSAs. They get in over their heads and then it’s up to everybody, especially the taxpayer to bail them out so they can continue on the way they always have. Everybody else must always be responsible for cleaning up their mess.
The Tribes are suffering with NO bailout money coming like the BLM has. Some Reservations have turned into wastelands with horses now starving to death. While Senator Mary Landrieu from Louisiana begs for Federal money to eradicate the feral hogs that are a problem in her state she is pushing for the SAFE act, which we call the Starve America’s Feral Equines act which will make it impossible for the Tribes to deal with their situation.
– D-bag likes to state that the tribal horses are not `wild’ but feral. That would mean they were turned loose and that begs the question on why anybody other than those that did or allowed this to happen should have to `clean it up’. How about if the Yakama Nation, and that’s who he’s really referring to, use some of their casino income to deal with their horse problem? As far as the feral hogs go, clearly D-bag hasn’t ever had an encounter with one other than Slaughterhouse Sue. They are a danger people among other things. I have yet to hear of a wild or feral horse launching an unprovoked attack on anybody. Besides, pigs and horses are kind of an apples and oranges deal, no?
The Humane Society of the US is so afraid the general public will find out what they have done to the Tribes and Tribal lands that now they have found a “Chief”, or should I say paid a tribal member to call himself a Chief to try to show support for their agenda from the Tribes. When the reality is all Land/horse based tribes support bringing domestic slaughter back.
– This may be one of the more ignorant statements that D-bag has issued in quite some time. Wasn’t it only last week that Suey, called all antis `culturally arrogant and ethnically insensitive’? How dare he suggest that anybody could just call themselves `Chief’ and take money to do so? Then to blow a snot bubble out of his nose and say that any native that doesn’t see things his way is just paid by the HSUS because ALL land based tribes support slaughter???? Really? I guess the Lakota Sioux of South Dakota, the Diné of Arizona, and the confederated tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, to name just a few,who are all both land based and anti-slaughter don’t count in D-bag’s world. Many of which have put programs and funding in place to deal with their herds. I’ve linked this article before, but it will show you that D-bags natives are in the vast minority by being Pro. (http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/article/american-indians-offer-programs-for-horses-that-treat-the-sacred-animals-as-a-way-of-life-70636+
Again I pose this question to those who oppose horse processing, what is your solution to the unwanted horse crisis? Those who oppose horse processing have had six years since the original plant closure to come up with solutions. The suffering of horses has only intensified during that time.
– Well D-bag, how is that little rescue and rehab center you promised to have opened up over a year ago coming along? Those of you who support slaughter have had decades and decades worth of slaughter and still we had abused and neglected animals. Forgive US if it takes more than six years, throughout which we have spent untold time and resources fighting the PSAs, to clean up YOUR mess. In other words, the majority of us will be able to funnel all the time, money and effort, we have expended to try to stop slaughter, into helping animals in crisis once we get this issue resolved. No, the suffering of horses has not intensified at all in the last six years, it’s about the same and will remain the same as long as assholes own horses. Slaughter won’t fix that. It never has.
Soon we will be like Australia and this is the wall we will be up against if we don’t come together and fight back against the uninformed. Read about their problem Here.
– I actually have a brilliant idea to help Australia, where they do have slaughter, out and us, who don’t want it. We’ll just hook them up with the Tongans since their proximity is far closer than Sigourney, Iowa to the Kingdom of Tonga. There! All fixed!
The United Horsemen is in it for the long haul. We thank you for supporting us, and we ask for your continued support as we continue to fight for the welfare of horses and the horse industry. We are putting together a strategic nationwide Billboard campaign and we will need the financial support of all of our friends.
– This last part actually made my whole week. Yes, y’all read that right. D-bag and the United Horseturds are going to put together a nationwide billboard campaign. The very same people that accused anti slaughter people of `wasting money on billboards instead of helping horses’ are going to make up their own billboards. Anybody want to bet they’ll have poor skinny horses, the kind that never go for food, on them? They can hardly show the reality of horses with their eyes poked out or gutted horses handing from bleed rails, or any other number of factual slaughter imagery. Oh well, nobody has ever accused D-bag of having an original thought let alone an independent one.
All in all, I have to say this was a very entertaining press release from D-bag this week. Aside from his denials, delusions and questionable math skills, the only thing new he brought to the party was his billboard campaign. I’m sure that will go over about like a fart in church; highly inappropriate, but you won’t be able to stop from laughing. So far, he’s received 4 whole `likes’ for his latest efforts but that is only on the public United Horseturd page as opposed to the super secret bat cave where they all get worked up over the prospect of torturing horses and give each other congratulatory reach arounds. It’s good to know that when you pay for your membership, you’re paying for ridiculous billboards rather than actually helping horses at his non-existent rescue and rehab center. D-bag would do well to remember that every time he takes his finger out of his nose and points, he has four fingers pointing right back at him.