I can’t believe it’s only been a day and already the fuckery has escalated to a point I feel compelled to point and laugh again . Of course we have the mystery and drama surrounding US horses being rejected for slaughter. We’ll get to that and update in a bit. We also have Dorothy Robertson and her devotees over at HGS flipping the switch from being loony to full-blown, batshit crazy. I never realized that so many people hated horses so much and that those same people bother to involve themselves with the object of their hatred. We may point and laugh at these people, but I’m finding them less and less funny lately.
As we mentioned earlier, Dorothy is back online and showing no remorse. I guess, understandably, she is super pissed her horses were taken away, but she seems to have slipped a gear in the rational department. She appears to be devoting all her time in attacking the rescue that was awarded her horses and has now actually suggested they are hiding them and starving them so that she’ll look bad when she goes to court at the end of the month. I’m not even making that part up, sadly. This is straight from Dorothy…
“Concerns have been raised by some in the community that NNER may not be feeding adequately in order to “slim down” the horses and take undated photos claiming they are “before” shots. Seems there’s not a lot of trust in this outfit among the ranchers/livestock owners here. I do have additional photos taken with long tele lens less than 2 weeks after they were taken (a time frame that the vet testified would not show marked improvement IF the horses were in starvation metabolic status)….film was torn in removal from camera and is in specialty pro photo shop in Reno for handling…should be here by the end of the week and I’ll post what I get as soon as possible. In addition, am seeking photos taken by others (WalMart photo center person said about 50 people had film developed over the time the horses were at the sales yard and that the comments were overwhelmingly along the lines of “nothing wrong with their weight…should not have been taken….why couldn’t the local farriers/vet offer some help for the few that needed more work and why hold out and not euth the one for 4-5 days after being taken?”). Hope to post requests for sharing of photos in several locations within the next couple of days. New job is odd hours….12 hour shifts from 3a to 3p or 3p to 3a…..3-4 days a week most likely so getting some things done may not be very speedy.”
– Sometimes there just are no words…..Naturally, she is being egged on, consoled and encouraged by the nest of assholes that inhabit the HGS board. Not a single one of them can count past the number of fingers they have and seem to want to place all the blame on the rescue who had NOTHING to do with seizing these animals. Their newest plan is to take this to the media and they all figure it will get national coverage….Ok then…
As I’m sure you all know by now, Canadian slaughter plants are not currently accepting US horses and there is some indication that Mexico has or will follow suit. This was a decision that came from the EU and pretty much without warning. I would have thought it would be a time to band together and help some horses that are seriously at risk right now, but once again I was wrong. The PSAs are redoubling their efforts to get a slaughter-house open, despite there not being an actual market for the time being. I guess the taxpayers are supposed to overlook that little stumbling block. I’ve seen some suggest that all the slaughter horses be dumped on Wayne Pacelle’s lawn, that there will be loose horses running in the street by tomorrow and all the usual doomsday predictions they subscribe to. I have yet to see a single one of them accept what is the current reality and come up with any idea or solution to make sure that horses do not suffer. I guess the fact that the horses in question currently have owners and those owners will remain responsible to feed and care for those horses or there will be charges laid doesn’t register with them Nobody knows how long this will last right now. To lighten things up, I thought it would be fun to take a look at Slaughterhouse Sue’s emergency press release on the issue.
“Yesterday, October 12, 2012, the international commerce in horses for processing from the United States to both Canada and Mexico was disrupted by an unannounced action of the European Union. Approximately 2,500 head of horses per week have been crossing the border to European Union regulated plants in Mexico per week, and an estimated 1,300 head to Canada in recent months.
Puppymill Patterson busily wrote up a statement on behalf of D-bag Duquette which I posted yesterday. She is also trying to get everybody to sign her petition to immediately kill horses, because Lord knows we need another petition out there. I’ll be surprised if she managed 1000 individual signatures on it. I think for comic relief, we’ll check in with what some of the UH brain trust had to say about it all. We won’t hear from Mendy Tobiano though, because rumor has it she got her ass booted off Facebook yet again and is creeping around in one of her alternate personalities, Bunny Buckled.
“We are now in campaign mode again and need to contact Vilsack and Congress to put pressure on them push forward with U.S.D.A. inspections!”
– Good ole Puppymill Patterson never disappoints! We shouldn’t be surprised that she feels that rather than ensure there aren’t horses stuck on trucks or dumped over this, that her time would be better spent going into `campaign mode’. She is, after all, the person that is working double time to strike down stiffer penalties for animal cruelty and abuse. The prospect of all the horses that could be killed right in her own back yard probably has her moist.
“……most of the people who are anti slaughter are not horse people…there for they do not understand the challenges or impacts things like shutting down slaughter bring. Horse abuse and abandonment have rose since the close of the last slaughter plant in the U.S. and now with this debacle it will get WORSE!! The rescues are over flowing, tame horses are being turned lose to fend for themselves, starved, shot and who knows what.”
– Somebody please alert The Jockey Club and all the big farms in Kentucky that they will no longer be considered `horse people’ according to the brain trust of the PSA contingent. Strangely, I don’t think anybody that needs slaughter to value their stock or be in this horse industry is much of a horse person either….Funny how that works..
“The next Presidental debat is going to be held in NY next week in a town hall meeting. it would be very interesting if someone would ask the candidates what their opinion and plan is for the unwanted horses and slaughter issue now that this has happened.”
– Considering this rocket scientist can’t even SPELL `presidential debate’, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that she honestly believes that they will discuss horse slaughter rather than foreign policy, health care and the current economic climate.
“I and many other draft breeders consider the meat buyers CUSTOMERS!!! Whether anyone likes it or not, the meat buyers have kept our breeds from becoming extinct.”
– Sounds like somebody needs to get out of the breeding business. I would be mortified if one of our horses ended up at slaughter.
“We need to stay on our toes, keep up to date and push hard to get people to understand this is necessary and humane thing that can benefit the whole country not just horseman. The people that need convinced is the general public.”
– When you are constantly in the minority on a certain issue, maybe it’s time to `understand’ that you are wrong. You are not going to convince an increasingly health conscious `general public’ that consuming adulterated meat from a companion animal that is not raised specifically for human consumption is in their best interests.
“The antis behind everything are vegans”
– This little gem came from the good vet, Kim Houlding. The one that still maintains there is a withdrawal time for Bute and other banned drugs and has no understanding about the difference between a blood sample and a tissue sample. I wonder if she could wrap her mind around the fact that `antis’ probably had little to do with what happened.
“Folks this is no different than all the odds and obstacles we have already overcome to get to this point. Don’t hang your head like we’re done cause this is far from over..”
– This is from D-bag Duquette. He also said yesterday that all of this was `no big deal’. I see a bare butt spanking from Mama Suey in his near future.
“i sold a young horse on Tuesday and lucky for me she and not gotten any shots or been wormed since June. did not get much for her. she went to Sweet Grass border cross by Thursday”
– What an asshole this person is. I see a Sunday feature in her future….
“If all these city folk want these horses to be Fido & Fluffy so badly, how come they aren’t boarding a couple each? Maybe a crippled up mare with arthritic hocks so bad she is 3-legged lame, an insane stallion that has been let to terrporize people all his life so is a human safety hazard, oh, and finally maybe an inbred product of some retard who let a colt breed his mother and all his sisters too and this said horse is dumber than a brick and stunted. You think the ‘do-gooder, horse huggers are gonna ‘adopt’ and ‘care for’ those horses too?? Bwahahahaha! <right!!>”
– I’m going to come right out and say that the `city folk’ horse owners probably contribute more to the industry than these backwoods bumblefuck ranchers that can’t get with the times. I’ve also got a crazy suggestion for this PSA. How about the person that created the 3-legged lame, the insane stallion with no manners, and the inbred product of `some retard’ who let a colt breed his mother and sisters take responsibility for their own mess and do the right thing? Why should anyone else clean up your mess and why should thousands of horses suffer because a few people want to be asstards? I think it is far easier and will do far more good to cull these types of people right out of the industry.
I have a feeling this is going to go on and on for a long time. I’m not going to pretend that the coming days will be easy in the horse industry should this ban last longer than a week or so. They won’t. Depending on what news we get about this next week, some immediate action and intervention will be needed. Hopefully, the ban will stay in place and without the looming threat of slaughter, advocates can focus on helping the horses. Please keep checking with Equine Welfare Alliance for updates as well as Habitat for Horses. There is already a lot of misinformation out there and sadly, there will be people trying to take advantage of the situation. Please read the following updated press release carefully. (http://myemail.constantcontact.com/2012-10-13-Update-on-Press-Release-.html?soid=1103281455502&aid=NWXY_HKnWpo)